Throughout the course of a normal week, I take loads of photos. Some end up on my regular blog as part of a story, but many don't. They become little moments lost in time, seen briefly through my eye and a camera lens.

So, without rhyme or reason, based on nothing more than appeal, I'm going to pick a favorite weekly shot and post it here.

**Click on any photograph to enlarge it**

Friday, October 11, 2013

Who Are You?


...I noticed this large bird standing on a rock in the middle of the river this morning while out hiking with the critters.  At first, I thought it was either a crane or heron, but when I got home and really looked at the photo...well, I'm not sure what it is.  I went through my bird book--yeah, I actually have a Nat Geo Oregon/Washington bird book--but of all the birds that live, pass through or drop in for a visit, this isn't one of them.  It remains a mystery...


No comments:

Post a Comment